13 April 2017

Storytime

Once upon a time in a kingdom far, far away lived a little girl. She wished that she could live in a library.

The little girl grew up and married a man who also loved to read. He thought the idea of living in a library was very charming indeed.

So when they bought their first house, they set to work to turn their living room into a library.




One day, you guys. I want my living room to look like this. With floor-to-ceiling bookshelves all along the window wall and four foot bookshelves built in along all the other walls. There will be a secretary-style desk as corner cabinet.


The colors will be dark and rich. I like the green on the walls; our wedding colors were green and silver.


And I'm picturing Ikea's regal yet cozy, library-esque Stocksund furniture.


And they lived happily ever after.

Update: I just counted all my books. Honestly. We own 1,150 books. 667 adult books in the living room, 183 kids books, 297 books boxed up downstairs (old kids series like The Babysitters Club, American Girl, Thoroughbread, Dear America, The Hardy Boys), and I just ordered 3 more last night from an Usborne party a cousin hosted.

1,150 books.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I really like your bookcases! I collect antique books and just love any and all books. I have two walls in my living room that would look great with built-ins! My dream. Some day!