22 August 2016

Theodore Moves Out

I interrupt this vacation hiatus to bring you some exciting news.

Part of me was crazy nervous when we kicked Theodore out of our bedroom last night. When we kicked out Eleanor, she slept through the night for the first time, I got hospital-worthy mastitis, the car was totaled, and we conceived Theodore. All in the span of a week and a half.

But, at nine months today, he had reached that point where Matt and I coming to bed or rolling over woke him up. Which I've learned is the point when they need to be evicted. So we disassembled the crib, moved it across the hallway, and reassembled it in Eleanor's room. (Theodore was sleeping in the crib next to our bed - neither he nor I sleep very well when we are in the bed together.)


He slept through the entire night for the first time in a very long time. And we awoke to sounds of Eleanor entertaining him with a musical star stacker, sitting on the floor outside his crib. And I was not overly full, milk-wise. Ah, blissful (vacation) mornings.


No comments: