18 August 2016

Craft Fair - Making Product

Sheep & Co is back, baby.


My sister-in-law is an official chewelry maker! She's been selling at Mom to Mom sales and, be it intentionally or unintentionally, she talked me into trying my hand again. I learned so much from having my shop and my previous craft fair sale; I'm going into this sale feeling super confident. The sale is in mid-October, so I've been working hard making product.


I've got hats, of course, and toddler-sized market bags. I'll also be selling the hair clips from my Etsy shop. I'm planning to make two baby blankets, toddler and girls shalls, and more of the wrist warmers that Eleanor loves.


I'm also going to make a few warm knit hats with animal ears and market them as halloween costume accessories. The sale I'll be doing is one of the largest in the area and they limit the sellers so that only two of each type of craft/product is allowed, so there will only be two people selling crocheted items.


I've also started brainstorming how I want my table will look, taking much inspiration from my table at the craft fair, as I think it looked really cute.


Lastly, I also plan to have a few copies of my book on the table! I'm excited to see how the sale goes because I've never had much success on Etsy. There are just too many other crocheters, and also because machine-made items will always be cheaper than handmade ones.

* * * * *

Matt has taken a few days off work for a bit of a family stay-cation, and I plan to stay off electronics and fully drink in the family time. I'll be back late next week!






No comments: