08 June 2016

Boxer the Horse's Lesson

The solution to my problems is that I need to work harder. Like Boxer from Animal Farm, "I will work harder."

I don't say that in a humorous, self-deprecating, victim card, play-the-martyr kind of way. I've gotten lazy and I've struggled to find a good routine in our new house. I have "good" excuses of course, a baby who wakes a few times a night, a dog who needs a two mile walk at 6:30 in the morning, but I fritter away the windows of productive time and then try to get stuff done when the kids are at their neediest. Shockingly, this is not a great life skill and then the family and house suffer and I feel like a failure.

I know what the problem is, how it's affecting my family, how to fix it, and that working all those steps is the easy part. But even though knowledge is power and all that jazz, I'm still having a hard time getting over the inertia each and every day.

I could go on and on and on, but that is really the thesis of my thoughts lately. I am lazy. I need to work harder. I will work harder.

And for wading through all that shit with me, I offer this blue eyed foxy pic as a token of my appreciation.


1 comment:

Katy said...

I just heard an excellent speaker at a conference talk about overcoming inertia, big and small. Here's a short article she wrote: http://www.success.com/article/mel-robbins-follow-the-five-second-rule

She was an excellent speaker, and I like her philosophy. Maybe it will help.

Also, those are the BLUEST BLUE eyes ever! Adorable!