24 March 2016

Prepare for Posts...

Prepare yourselves for way more posts, my friends. After spending way too much time taking my 6-year-old MacBook Pro around trying to fix its multiple issues, I finally decided to let her retire with some grace. After spending much more time deciding what exactly to replace the old girl with (a new $1200 MacBook Pro not being in the budget), I decided on a simple Chromebook and my $100 Groupon deal just arrived (this, in fact, is the first thing I'm doing on my new computer!) I went from a huge, 17" computer that I used to make a living to a tiny, 11" Acer that will serve as a writing and Internet browsing device. To supplement my itty-bitty 16BG hard drive, I also bought a $50 1TB passsport harddrive. I once again have wireless and have set up my computer on the peninsula bar in the kitchen - one of the few places my children can still not yet reach.

I have a new topic all ready to be written out: Why I hate the "feel good" Down syndrome stories that circulate. You know the ones - "opposing team lets boy with Down syndrome score a basket!"

My entire family is sick (even poor Foxy Man), so this post will probably appear tomorrow rather than tonight.

Yay for progress!

1 comment:

Amelia Bentrup said...

We've used Chromebooks for the past few years. They aren't that hardy and don't seem to last more than 2 years or so. But, they are so cheap and simple and portable, I love them. We do at times miss the lack of a CD/DVD drive ( we don't have a DVD player)

Generally for our purposes, the Chromebook has been great since we have simple needs and don't do gaming or need downloaded programs or anything.