16 May 2015

An Insider's View

There is a lot of pressure on a pregnant woman to have a Healthy Baby. As if getting a Healthy Baby were as easy as picking out a new pair of shoes. Advice always ends with the decree: “as long as it’s healthy!”

“Do you want a boy or a girl?”
“Actually, I’m hoping for a girl!”
“But it doesn’t matter, as long as it’s healthy, right?”

“Oh, I have such terrible heartburn!”
“It’s okay, just so long as the baby is healthy!”

“My arm spontaneously burst into flames yesterday.”
“You’ll be okay, just as long as the baby is healthy.”

Read the full post on Sapphire's Dream!

3 comments:

Diane said...

If you have a baby boy you will be surprised at how much he will love you. I have both boys and girls but my boys sure do love their Mama - and are very solicitous of me. A mix of both is the most interesting in my opinion.

Jacqueline said...

I've definitely heard from my friends that boys are always Mama's boys and it's way fun : ) I would love to have a boy, and we're actually kinda hoping the one we are expecting now is a boy! If your comment is in reference to the sample conversation in the story, I didn't mean it to be taken literally as a hope of ours, it was just intended to be an example; something a new mom might go through. I certainly hope we get to explore the world of snips and snails and puppy dog tails!

Diane said...

Oops. Sorry. I did take it literally. My fault.

BTW - I like the new "not a robot" test!