04 January 2015

Princesses

Abigail got to meet Elsa. In person. For free.


This girl was good too. Her movements, her wave, her voice: all very princessy. And she was so good with the kids, she really went out of her way to make each girl feel special. First there were photos (parents could take their own - no charge), then some singing, lots of crowd interaction. She's an excellent singer as well. All around, I was very impressed. I was excited right along with Abigail. Abigail, by the way, whose face looked like this when Elsa sang "Let it Go":


A church in the area (that happens to be Matt's childhood church and the church his parents still attend) was hosting Elsa as a fundraiser at their Men's Club breakfast (free will donation). They said they'd never had such a crowded breakfast. Rumor around the waffle station is that Elsa packs a house better than Cinderella. Same girl, same songs. But when the princess mosh-pit thinks it's Elsa...


Even Eleanor was entertained.


I didn't take many pictures, as I was enjoying being in the present moment - the three-and-a-half year-old in me giddy to meet a princess.

I'm not sure how much Abigail really understood. I don't think she thinks the girl in the pretty blue dress is Elsa, but I know she knew that the morning was all about Frozen. Dresses and dolls and little purses and blankets of Elsa and Anna. I love having girls.

No comments: