11 August 2014

Answer me this - hot air balloons, mostly

*Note: This is the second time this post has been published. I snuck out of bed this morning when both girls were still sleeping and Matt was in the shower and sat down to enjoy the luxury of a hot cup of coffee and a few minutes on the computer. But then some construction guys started busting up concrete right outside my apartment. The girls woke up, the post was only half written, Eleanor started crying which triggered a hot flash, I cranked something out, hit "publish," and ran away. But there were random pictures that I was saving for later this week, there were typos, everything was a mess, so I reverted the post back to a draft and this is take 2.

Find the questions here, but don't expect to see my name on the list!

1. What do you still want to do this summer?
-Make Abigail's backpack, get her school supplies, find her the best first day of school outfit ever.
-Hit my pre-pregnancy weight
-Continue our weekend "hikes"

We've already done a lot of the things we wanted to do this summer, including the county fair, the church festival (which was this past weekend), learn to bbq on the community grills, spend lots of time "hiking."

The aforementioned church festival is a pretty awesome experience - they have a hot air balloon launch and you can sit right on the field.



  



I think the photo above to the right would be a great ad for both Ford and Re/Max. Give me a call, guys.

2. What's your favorite kind of pie?
I'm actually not a big pie eater. It's one of the (few) desserts that doesn't tempt me when I'm watching my calories. But if I really needed to eat a slice because, say, my grandma is present and she is insisting, I would opt for either apple or whichever had chocolate in it.

3. How much sleep do you need each day? How much do you get?
I need a good, solid 8 hours. I hate napping and I hate sleeping in (that's actually a really fun post for another day), so the 8 hours all has to occur at night. But how much do I get right now? I go to bed at 10pm, then Eleanor, who usually goes down for the night around 9am, gets up at 2:00am, 4:00am, and 6:00am. She's slept 6 hours straight twice since we got home from the hospital. Fun times are had by none, but in all honesty, I do feel like being tired during the day is the most manageable part of the intensity that is parenting a newborn and a toddler.

4. Do you prefer to swim in a pool, lake, river, or ocean?
Pools. I hate swimming in fish, slime, mud, seaweed, and everything else that occurs naturally in the water. Bleh.

5. Do you know any poems by heart?
Nope. But I know a few dozen children's books by heart. I'm not a big poetry person, although a poetry class in college taught me how to analyze and interpret members of the genre, but when given a choice, I prefer books.

6. Do you use the public library?
Not often. I hate the smell of books that have come from the library. I hate finding random stains on pages. I hate trying to finish a book when pages have been torn out. I hate having to wait until the book I want is sent over from a sister-library. I usually only use the library when I want to read a book I don't want to own. Either because the book is pretty low-brow (Game of Thrones) or I want to read the book the movie was based off of (Silence of the Lambs, Life of Pi), or it's a reference book I want to see if I want to buy (Fine Motor Skills in Children with Down Syndrome).

Well, today is truly proving to be a Monday. Oh, Monday.

No comments: