25 April 2014

The Doctor's Prediction

I had a doctor's appointment this morning (everything looked good) with my favorite OB/GYN of the ten doctors in the office. I'm currently 36 weeks, 30% effaced, and 1 cm dilated. His predictions as a man who has delivered 5,000-6,000 babies:
-She'll be around 7-7.5 pounds
-I'll go into labor naturally
-I'll go into labor around the 39th week (that puts us at about Mother's Day)
-I'll progress quickly
-My chances of a successful VBAC are incredibly high

I hope he's right on all counts, but I wouldn't mind being closer to 38 weeks along.

Not that it means anything, but I had Abigail at 37 weeks 6 days and she was 6lbs 5oz (babies with Ds are, on average, slightly lighter than typically developing kids. Her heart issues did not affect her birth weight).

Here is my 9-month shot (taken earlier this week):


And as an added bonus, today is my 6th wedding anniversary : )


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! And prayers for a healthy, safe delivery! TB

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Is your "road trip" still on? Have a great day.(no morning sickness or heartburn!) I love your blog and wish you the best in the next few weeks. (and always, of course!) DM