09 April 2014

Heartburn Relief?

I had a doctor's appointment this morning (heartbeat was strong; baby is head down!) and I asked about the heartburn. I take about 8-10 Tums per day most days (I take 2 at a time most of the time), and more like 14-16 on days when I have a particularly bad food like bananas or iced tea. Even chocolate milk gives me heartburn and milk is supposed to be a natural remedy for heartburn! There is no rhyme or reason to the types of foods I eat, the time of day I eat, the activity I do after I eat and whether I'll get heartburn. I just always get it. So anyway, the doctor was all, "oh yeah, no problem, here's a prescription for Zantac."

I took one dose at 3 hours ago and have eaten lunch and a snack and have had no heartburn yet! I know it's a bit early to start singing from the mountain tops, but I usually have problems every single time I eat, so I'm pretty happy to have at least one afternoon of peace. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps counter intuitively, eating an apple helped with my heartburn during the day. But I think sometimes Baby just squishes your stomach too much for natural relief! Happy heartburn-free afternoons! TB