13 October 2013

31 Days - Why Now?

I am participating in a 31 Days Campaign and am finally going to finish my memoirs. About her.

http://journeynarrative.blogspot.com/search/label/31%20Days%202013

I won't get anymore editing done on my book, aside from my productive streak on Friday. My husband has been out of town on a guys' trip all weekend, so I've been swamped with 24/7 toddler duty. Thankfully I'm ahead of schedule, so I could burn these few days. In the meantime, on to another question : )

Q: Why publish a book now, covering only a few years of Abigail's life, instead of waiting until we've walked more of this journey?

A: This book is really my memoirs, and for me, a majority of the emotional instability, changes, and major adaptations occur early on. It's really the same for any new mom too: you give birth and your whole world gets all shook up. But eventually the baby sleeps through the night, your stomach shrinks back, you figure out how to make dinner with an extra one underfoot, and you kinda forget what life was like without the new addition. These last few years are the exciting ones.

Secondly, and less importantly, it's kind of an industry standard. Most Ds memoirs are written before the child hits teenage years. That being said, I do know of one that was written after the person with Ds died. While I pray I never have that chance, I am very open to a sequel once Abigail's an adult : )

Gotta get back to real life now, my friends. Have a great weekend end!

No comments: