08 October 2013

31 Days - A Rough Draft

I am participating in a 31 Days Campaign and am finally going to finish my memoirs. About her.

http://journeynarrative.blogspot.com/search/label/31%20Days%202013

I think my rough draft is done. A good solid 88 double-spaced computer pages divided up into three sections. The first 1.5 sections have been heavily edit (by me) and I consider them ready to be sent out to friends for a peer-review. The last section is pretty choppy - more like vignettes that range anywhere from early in the diagnosis to present day. It has a certain artistic quality that I feel clashes with the chronological "first this, then this" method of the first 1.5 sections. I'm not sure how they work together, but I know that I don't edit well on the computer, so I plan to take my flash drive to Office Max and do a little printy-printing. I have printed out my memoirs once before, when I came back to them after about an eight-month hiatus when I had forgotten what I'd already said. I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but it was under $15, including the cover and spirally-thing. Which I plan to take off the last printed copy and have them re-use it on the new one.


No need to waste money and resources.

I'm getting close and I'm getting nervous. Finishing means sending it out to people to read. People reading means my vulnerability getting judged and critiqued. Hmmm...I need to get some thicker skin before this book hits the masses!

No comments: