06 October 2013

31 Days - Birthday Style

I am participating in a 31 Days Campaign and am finally going to finish my memoirs. About her.

http://journeynarrative.blogspot.com/search/label/31%20Days%202013

Today is my birthday! And I am not ashamed to tell you all that I'm 27-years-old today. Google even noticed.

Turning 27 officially moves me from being in my "early twenties" or "mid twenties" into my "late twenties," which means the big 3-0 is on the horizon. When the big 3-0 is around the corner, you get excited when the hubby buys you a slow cooker for your birthday. (Seriously, though, when it's this cute, how could anyone complain?) But it's also getting me thinking about all the things I want to do before I leave the "twenty-somethings." Like have two more kids. And pay off all our law school debt, making us completely debt-free. And buy a house (which will mean our only debt will be a mortgage). And publish a book. I've long wanted to publish a book before I turned 30.

I'm not getting much writing done this weekend, but the beginning of next week finally slows down a bit for me, so I'm planning to spend an hour each evening banging on some keys. And blogging afterward.

Until then, I'm off to eat cake.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Wow...you've got some big goals for the next 3 years! Good for you! You can do it! I had my 3rd kid shortly after my 30th birthday and had bought a house (and subsequently sold it) by that time. Did NOT publish a book though....hopefully you are able to do that! My husband hadn't started law school yet by that point...but at the time, we were debt-free. :)

Liz E. said...

Happy Birthday!!! That is one pretty dang cute slower cooker :o).