01 October 2013

31 Days - 2013

It's that time of the year again, folks! Rosary Month? Yes! Breast Cancer Awareness Month? Yes! Down Syndrome Awareness Month? Yes! All that and, I'm sure, more, but I mean something a little different.

It's time for the 31 Days Campaign!

I love the 31 Days Campaign. I did it for the first time last year on the theme of frugal living and found three mega benefits:


1. It was a good push to try a bunch of things I'd always wanted to try, and they were pretty life-style changing.
2. I saw a huge increase in readers.
3. The icon I created hit Pinterest! Not only was that mega exciting, but it has continued to bring traffic my way ever since!

So I've been dreaming about this all summer. I came up with a great topic, found a few people to support my endeavor, and mapped out my plan. It was all settled months ago. This is what I was going to do:


Isn't that adorable? I could totally see that hitting Pinterest too! I was hoping to make Abigail a "big girl" quilt in a twin size for a hopeful soon transition to a big girl bed. But the more I think about it, the more I realize she's not yet ready for a big girl bed. And a twin size quilt in a crib is a bit excessive. And even using the equipment of nearby quilting experts, quilts are expensive. Fabric, batting, the border-thing, then paying to have someone do the actual quilting part (my machine couldn't handle that, I don't think). So quilting is out. For now.

So an hour ago, I was walking down the sidewalk with my daughter and husband bemoaning the fate of my 31 Days Campaign when suddenly it struck me:

http://journeynarrative.blogspot.com/search/label/31%20Days%202013

I am finally going to finish my memoirs.

So you're supposed to blog every day for 31 days for this campaign, something I didn't know last year, so I'll save all the details (how far I am, how it's been going, what I hope to do with it) for tomorrow. Writing a book that someone publishes has been my ultimate goal for my entire life. I'm gonna make it happen. With this 31 Days Campaign. Stay tuned.

Read other 31 Day-ers here!

No comments: